Sunday, December 21, 2008

This is why I can never stay mad at Renee




Who knows why mothers get mad at their kids? I have already forgotten most of what happened in the last 5 minutes, so trying to remember the exact details of yesterday is asking a lot, but I remember feeling grumpy and frustrated. As I recall I was trying to get Renee ready for bed, or something like that, a typical battle between mother and toddler. Then John told me to look at the floor of Renee's room, and as you can see above, it is just so silly and cute! Seeing her little bunny (usually named "Baby") going "ni-night" on her pillow and tucked in so carefully with a dishtowel as a blanket- I can't help but smile and I can't possibly stay grumpy. I even had to put this picture as the background on my cell phone, so I can always be reminded of my silly goose!

When Renee was finally ready to get into bed, we realized she didn't have her pillow (because "Baby" was using it) so I let her take one of the big pillows from Mommy and Daddy's bed. Renee said the big pillow was "very good for ears". She loved the way the big pillow snuggled her ears! So punky!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is SO adorable.

Serenity