Monday, June 1, 2009

Getting ready for Renee's dance recital!

I know the grandparents were eager for pictures of Renee's dance recital which was last Sunday, so I am skipping posting other pictures until later! Unfortunately we were not allowed to take pictures or video during the recital itself, though we did order pictures and a video, and I will share those when we get them!

I just wish I *had* recorded Renee during her dress rehearsal, because she was a hoot! She pretty much improvised the entire dance and it was so cute- of course I'm biased but all the little girls were adorable! The performance went without a hitch, and Renee did her best to stick with the prescribed choreography (when she remembered it), and Mommy and Daddy were very proud of her! She's come such a long way from when she started her dance lessons in January- she wouldn't even participate in class, just sat in the corner of the studio and ignored everyone. I'm glad I stuck it out, and was patient, because I wanted to yank her out of dance class so many times in the beginning! Now she really seems to do well, for a 3 yr old! She's certainly not the best one in her class, but I think she is the most creative! Mostly though it's her growth I'm proud of... my little girl is growing up!



Here we are getting Renee ready for the dress rehearsal, notice all the bobby pins on the edge of the sink? I think I used about 30 to keep the bangs out of her face and the bun in her long red hair!



Here Renee struck a pose on Recital day, before we got her costume on! Trying to get makeup on her was a challenge, which made Daddy very happy! Daddy didn't want her to wear any makeup, and really that would have been OK since she's so little! We did manage a little bit of lipstick and blush- however any attempt to put anything near her eyes was met with fierce resistance! Ah, good. Let them be little!



Here Renee is showing off for Daddy in her costumer before the recital! Imagine her doing this along with other improvisation during her rehearsal... this image actually gives you a pretty good impression!



Aww, my sweet little dancer strikes a professional pose! I just *love* those feathers in her hair!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...she is too cute...

Serenity